Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Party!


Emily, Jamie, me and Chrissy

My roommates and I hosted our second annual Holiday Party at our apartment last night. It was so good to hang out and celebrate the holidays, the end of finals, and Emily/Chrissy/Maggie's birthdays. After a little scrambling around the kitchen an hour before the party started, we put on our heels, poured champagne cocktails, and took some pictures in front of our very festive red wall.

Chrissy, my former roommate who graduated this spring and is getting married in January, came early in the morning to help us plan, shop, and clean before the party! It's always so great to see her and all spend time together.



For drinks and hors d'oeuvres, we chose both new and tried-and-true recipes. Everyone made their specialties: Emily's Brie with Cranberries, Jamie's Peppermint Chocolate Fudge, Chrissy's Bean Dip, and my own Hummus. For the drinks and other hors d'oeuvres, we all pulled out our laptops and searched Epicurious and food blogs for new recipes.

I'll post all the recipes within the next few days. Now that I'm on Christmas break, I have lots of time to relax, update the blog, go to some farmers markets... but first on the list, sleep in! See you tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Aurora said...

Lauren, I love you.