Sunday, November 2, 2008

Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla

Ralph's 88 cent special on ripe Haas avocados inspired this recipe. I absolutely love avocados, but usually don't want to pay $2.99 for one small avocado. The rest of the ingredients were just waiting in the refrigerator to be used; I'd already made a few other things with the beans and corn, and there was just enough left for one delicious quesadilla.

I have a cold :( so my senses of taste and smell are a little off, but I've made this recipe before so I know for a fact that it's very good! I don't have the exact measurements for the ingredients, but you can just estimate - quesadillas aren't an exact science.



Ingredients:

Black beans, drained and rinsed
Sweet canned corn, drained and rinsed
Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Cilantro, chopped
1 large flour tortilla

Guacamole
Salsa
Sour cream
Mixed baby greens

Heat medium-sized heavy skillet, or George Foreman grill. Toss together beans, corn, cheeses, and cilantro; spread over half the tortilla. Fold tortilla in half. Cook quesadilla, turning over once, until golden brown and cheese is melted (use minimal amount of oil if cooking on stovetop).

Serve on bed of baby greens with a dollop each of guacamole, salsa, and sour cream on top.

No comments: